Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is it.

"Blogging. Never in the history of time have so many people written so much, about so little, and read by so few."

So here we are Sariah and Jess Tate, ready to contribute to the interweb of information...information about us...because someone out there might just find that interesting.

"Do you have a blog?" Is a questions that becomes more frequently asked especially as we reach certain life stages such as marriage. I would imagine once we have our first tater-tot the demand for a blog address would at least double. Sure people asked about whether or not we have a blog, but I'm slightly skeptical of the amount of people that would actually take the time to read about our lives...

Yet I surprised myself at how intrigued I was about finding out about Seth (Jess' brother) and Jen lives through their blog postings. I guess it's the only blog we really visited because it was the only address we knew but there was still something about reading about the lives of others and how they choose to convey it to the world that made it rather juicy. Its almost like I was able to vicariously live the awesome life of Seth and Jen and their adorable three kids right on my couch on my laptop.

That's when I started to get nervous that I might too want to start a blog. I say nervous because I at times have this strange fear of doing things that are too cliche and main stream, I guess I've never been a fan of doing things just be
to follow the crowd. But I really liked the idea of writing as a way to keep a journal...I guess an open journal...for anyone to read. It'll be like an electronic scrapbook with out worrying about paper and glue.

So while I was contemplating all this and whether or not I would even have time to do this, Jess was already setting up what would become our blogspot, even though I guess he did it half as a joke at the time. When I searched for jessandsariah.blogspot.com the other day it came up, to our surprise because it was really us. Jess didn't think that he had really set it up all the way. Anyway, for purposes of not having a completely blank blogspot here is our first post, hereby the begin of our blogging lives as we know it.






1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo for blogging! Welcome to the world of sharing TMI with complete strangers...and friends...and family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete