Thank goodness the ward had a camp out otherwise we wouldn't have had a family vacation this summer. Burgers, mingling with the ward friends, and steal the flag in a huge field in stark darkness made for a fun evening. It was Hyrum's first camp out, well, the first time sleeping over anywhere other than his bed. My biggest paranoia was that Hyrum would be up several times during the night and keep us and our close tent neighbors up. I imagined us leaving the camp ground at o'dark thirty because of a restless baby. Instead he slept SO soundly that whole night through just in his car seat! Actually, he slept better that I did. It was 5 am and I laid wide eyed in the sleeping bag, just expecting any little sound he made to be the moment he would burst out crying and wake everyone up. He proved me wrong and slept well into the morning. I'm really going to miss him that car seat once he grows out of it, it really has been the ultimate portable bed for him--I mean he'll even nap through most of church in it--it's a sweet deal.We bought our first tent that day. It was exciting to get a new tent, although the privacy is not too fab as I soon found that I had a pretty good view of everyone just through the space between the fly and the tent and so did everyone else and the kids around made it obvious be poking their head through and waving hi. Nursing and changing was a bit tricky to say the least.
So that was our trip of the summer. I must admit, I was pretty jealous of Jess. I mean he took two long scout camp outs and is now going to go to Ireland in September. He felt bad about it, when I expressed that I was envious. He promised we could go anywhere this fall break. IRELAND! I said. Well... were not really in a position to do that so, next best thing, Bear Lake! Cool. I'm excited.

No comments:
Post a Comment