Saturday, January 19, 2013

Channeling a desire to express...

That little boy Hyrum has had some interesting artistic impulses lately. Despite our greatest efforts to discourage him from wall graffiti in our home, sometimes he gets bored and sometimes there is a writing utensil near by and sometimes parents are not looking...


Hard to see in the picture but a generous amount of scribbling went on here, luckily it was pencil.


This time it was red crayon, a bit more challenging.



Even fridges get their share of artwork.  Dad had him scrub down as much of his diligent markings as he could.


Mom tried to encourage other type of artistic endeavors the days following.


I was so happy with all the hard work he put into his painting that
 I framed it and hung it in my living room. I'm also hoping he'll be so happy to see his artwork on paper hung on the wall (and not directly on walls) and want to continue that habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment