I have come to understand the obsession parents have with their children. Now that I we have little baby Hyrum, I've become slightly obsessed with the little dude. I'm convinced that he surely is the most adorable little person to ever live. He is such a darling, sweet little boy, full of personality. I'm pretty sure I'm not just being biased, because even my doctor couldn't stop looking and smiling at him because she was so enchanted by his sheer charm...thats saying a lot from her. She even mention that he was so animated and lively for such a young baby. "Most babies are pretty boring at his age."
Not Hyrum. He is indubitably full of life and one thing I've noticed is that he definitely knows what he likes and what he doesn't like and won't hesitate to let you know...
Hyrum likes:
Getting his diaper changed... I'm sure its not just because he doesn't like to sit in his own filth, too, because when I lay him down he starts wailing ( I think he thinks I'm putting him down for a nap) but as soon as he suspects that I could be changing his diaper his cries turn into sweet coos-- even if I'm just pretending to change his diaper because he doesn't really need a change.
He might just enjoy the nice breeze.
To be sung to and many times he'll sing right along with baby howls and gagas...it is so adorable.
Where's Hyrum? He has gotten pretty good at the game of peek-a-boo. I'll put a sheet over him and say, "Where's Hyrum?" and he'll quickly remove it to hear me animatedly say, "There he is!". I realized that this practice back fired a bit when he tried to do that with my nursing cover. Yikes.
To be on the move. We'll carry him and he'll busily moving his head ever which way to take everything in--some times he moves his head so fast I fear he'll give himself whip lash. If we stand still for longer than 2 minutes he'll let you know that he's already looked at everything and that he is ready to move on.
Hyrum does NOT like:
Tummy time. The pediatrician recommends time for him to be on his tummy to strengthen his neck muscles, practice reaching and to alleviate pressure from his head. Well, I'm not particularly motivated to do it ( I still do) because he totally freaks out. His whole world is turned upside down and he acts like it is the most inconceivable thing that someone could do to him as he buries his face into the ground and flings all his limbs wildly.
Sitting still. He is a tough, rough little dude--if he doesn't want to be looking a certain direction, be sitting a certain position he'll make sure he isn't, even if it means lunging his whole body to change his circumstances.
I just love him. Everyday we grow to love this little man more and more.

No comments:
Post a Comment