Wednesday, November 17, 2010

He's watching over us.

About a over month ago I brought up to Jess that we had basically budgeted that I would bring in some money, but that it wasn't really happening. "Don't you think that might be a bit a of a problem.. " I said. We talked about a financial goal I should try to meet for the month.  Ok.  I can do that I said.  I could get more clients for web design, follow up with some people about design work, advertise. Even get my Etsy going a bit more and add more products. Sure no prob.
The very next day without me doing anything I get an email from a friend in the ward that co-runs a web development company for real estate agents. They needed someone to layout the styling of websites. Perfect timing! When he told me what the compensation would be, it was basically what we had budgeted! Heavenly Father really is watching over us!

So it has almost been a month of working this new job. It great. I can be creative, it is challenging and I get to learn new things everyday. I won't deny the stress of a new job, the learning curve of learning any new system, the late nights and occasional burn out especially these last couple weeks, but I have to say I'm deeply grateful. Not many people get to stay home with their kids and do a job they like. 

I have to just say..
Heavenly Father loves all His children so much.  His love is manifested in so many ways daily. He showers our day with blessings and gifts to show that He is watching, listening and cares.   I know the more I focus on these precious notes of love from above the more rich and fulling my life is.  I'm more apt to spread that love and give to others. I'm more willing to practice patience, to have compassion, to do those things that are purposeful in life.  All because I was willing to focus on the blessings that come so abundantly.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that could have sounded sarcastic...I really meant that is a good post!

    ReplyDelete