On February 18th, 2012 8:43 am our little Winston Arthur Tate joined our Tate gang.
7 lb 1oz :: 19.3 inches long
He came quite 'Winstontaneously' as his daddy likes to joke. After all, when we arrived at the hospital, the nurse checked me and knew to act quick and call the doctor since I was already 9 cm dilated. Less than an hour later I had my sweet dude in my arms.
I had thought only a couple months before that maybe I would try a natural delivery. Or at least see 'how far I could get' to prepare me for when I actually was fully ready and decided for a natural delivery. After all, it was a last minute thought and I hadn't had any classes, no midwife/ doula, no training. All I had was a book and a relaxation cd that a friend gave me that I only halfway read and listened to, I was much too ill-equipped to actually go through with it...
Guess what? I ended up having that natural delivery because there wasn't much time for anything else!
I was lucky enough to find a breathing technique that worked for me and kept me focused and going to the end. I know I had it pretty good since my active labor from start to end was only 2.5 hours long with no complications, but I must say it was such an INCREDIBLE experience.
There is nothing quite like that rush of bringing a child into the world after such intensity, it was awesome. That excitement of echoed with me for days on end and I still think of it.
The craziest part is after I delivered, I could not believe that I had just delivered a baby, I was walking around pain-free, I felt normal and more unexpected, I felt so rejuvenated.
I 'm going to admit that when I was pregnant (could be because I hormonal, huge and totally on edge), I did not know if I could handle another little person under my care. I felt like I was already so frazzled that a newborn and the sleepless nights that come with one would only push me over the edge.
It was a pleasant surprise to bring my little Winston into the world and be reminded that babies are a truly gift from Heaven. That little boy filled me with so much peace and joy like I could not believe. He helped heal my turmoiled heart and reminded me of all the wonderful and important things of this life. I received a renewal of love and energy to care for him and the rest of my family.
I love watching my sweetheart love his babies. He never misses a chance to burp and cuddle his little Winston man. How did I get so stinkin spoiled to get such a heartmeltin hunk?
Look at us, family of four!
Thanks sweet little dude! We love having you in our family!


Congrats Sariah!! I LOVE his name. Seriously the best, coolest name.
ReplyDeleteYeah! He is so beautiful! What great pics. Congrats my friend. XOXO
ReplyDelete