If you are ever around Hyrum now-a-days you will hear him often say a 1 year old version of "I wanna do that!" accompanied with a determined point of the finger to whatever catches his attention. It just makes me smile because is that not the most quintessential thing he could be saying all day long at this age? With his confident 1 year old strut he is out to prove his independence and his abilities. Everything must be tested, explored, every button pushed, every drawer opened, every spice container emptied (ugh), every lid opened, because, watch out world, I CAN do that.
I love his curiosity. I try to imagine what the world must be like through his innocent eyes, everything so new and exciting so ready to be uninhibitedly explored.
Hyrum is at an active but such a ridiculously adorable age. I would trade a newborn for an active toddler any day. I swear he does things just so he can hear everyone chime in with a "aww--ww, you're so cute" in unison. He smiles and laughs and shares the cutest glances at us. I hear it is a trap. I trap for parents to want another child. And I'll admit, it is starting to work. Dang you cute kid.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is absolutely a trap!!! By the time Jesse was a year old, it was over...I wanted another so I could keep seeing the awesomeness. I'm sorry to tell you that it gets worse with the second one. Jonah is ten months old, and I'm already excited and anticipating the next. They're just so fun to watch grow and see their individual personalities develop!
ReplyDelete