Thursday, March 24, 2011

Many Meal Map

Here is what my meal plan looks like if it can help anyone. 
I am by no means strict with it. Food is one of things that you wanna be in the mood for, so I usually just pick out what I want to eat that particular day within that week bracket (color coded so it could be visually easy for me to figure out) and I'll admit, sometimes I just plain cheat and make something that is not even on there. I'm spontaneous by nature but I have to say having a general meal plan can even enhance that spontaneity since I have an idea of what meals are up ahead and can make sure not too use up all of a certain ingredient that I know I will need later.

** Notes about it **

  • I created this on google docs so I could access and edit it from any computer but since I've printed it out, I hardly need to look it up online. 
  • Making a grocery shopping list is a cinch, all I do is write down ingredients on the 'Fresh to buy' column and browse over the 'make sure you have' and see if there is anything I'm out of and write it down.
  • The 'meat,starch' column was probably more helpful when I first organized it since I could create a balanced week's meal by just looking at that column and placing meals accordingly.
  • Sometimes, despite my best efforts, dinner just doesn't happen. I have a couple backup meals like mac and cheese, grilled cheese or quesadillas ...can you tell I like cheese?
  • Now that I've done this for a bit, it's getting time to revise it and improve it.  I have a better idea about which meals I should keep and which I should switch out or switch around.  I'm thinking about putting in a column with side dishes like salads and veggies, I usually wing those...we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment