Friday, April 8, 2011

The revolution

So, I've had a pretty crazy couple weeks...well lets just say months, with a heavy work load, a perpetually exhausted me, which equalled a fussy toddler...no good.
Anyway, I was so sick of finding no clothes to wear, things out of place, plants dying, floors yearning for a vacuuming, house in shambles, ahhh, the list went on and on.  The worst part was that I felt like I had no energy or time to do any of those things.  I needed a change.
This Wednesday I sat down and decided that mornings were the pits and that was the first thing that needed to change.  With Hyrum as my alarm clock I always woke up so grouchy to him and he only reciprocated that same crabbiness.  It was a terrible start to a day that only skydived into despair from that point.

I was able to conquered that dinner thang by planning, so I figured I could tackle the rest of the day with a plan too. I needed a schedule, a daily routine more like that I could just zip through my day knowing things would get taken care off. I typically do have a set of things I do routinely and have things I hope to do each day but this time I really need to outline every hour of the day with exactly what I would do. First thing on my list: wake up before Hyrum (meaning go to bed earlier!) and get that jump start to my day.  That little thing made the biggest difference, my day just got better and better from there. It was quite a surprising miracle.  I mean, because I had finally decided I was going to make a conscious effort to plan out my day and get myself out the this dump I had gotten myself into, something happen. I really felt like I was receiving help from heaven with each step. It was simple impressions and ideas of what I could do to improve each day, smarter way of dealing with things, ways of looking at tasks in ways that I hadn't thought of before...I knew I wasn't doing this alone.
It has been three days of doing this 'routine' and it has changed my mood, pumped my energy level (what?? I thought I would be more tired!), opened up more time (I got SO much done too), made over my house (clean house? gloriously conceivable? ), and I feel so much better and happier! Hardly thought it was possible.

A friend commented on the post about that dinner plan, "I am so proud of you! It just goes to show that the Lord can help you make any weakness into a strength."  This is so true. I've seen it in my life a many a times. Things that seem so unconquerable in one self can be overcome with the help of the Lord. The most incredible thing to me is that those very weakness that we can become so burdened by are really just strengths in disguise with the help of the Christ. He refines us and makes those 'traits' of ours to be used and magnified in their best light. 

2 comments:

  1. How awesome. I'm so jealous. Though I don't think anything in this world will make me get up before the boys, except to chase them back to bed. They are up around 6am and spend the days grumpy no matter what. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, 6 am would be waay too early for me too sista! I'm talkin getting up at 8 was rough for me! I say power to you for having to get up that early. Thanks for the encouragement.. this whole life as a mom and all that comes along with it is def a work in progress. HOld strong and carry on!

    ReplyDelete