Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hyrum's b-day pics

So, remember my sad news about loosing all of Hyrum's birthday photos? Well, I'm here to say that I'm glad I posted about it because the very next morning my good ole brother in law, Joseph, IMed me saying that there were tools out there to recover deleted files.  I told him that we had already tried a file recover program but it was not able to find any files. He said that should have worked. I asked if he knew of any other program and he sent me this link http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
I downloaded it and ran it to search my memory card and BINGO.
Holy smokes it WORKED.  I was ecstatic.  Now, it didn't recover all his birthday pics because I assumed I had already over written them, some of which I was a bit sad, BUT I was SO happy at least I had something I could show him down the road and reminiscence of that special day!
Here are some:
Ok, pretty blury, I know, but this was his little birthday muffin he had that  morning when he gave him his first b-day wishes.


He just kept wanted to touch that flame!
Yummers


A gift from mom and dad. 

Gettin his birthday hair cut at cookie cutters.

Ideal hair cut set up: Car, movie, emergency bubble blowing in case of tears.


The classic cake mash. Deee--lish.



Pinata!

Presents
Rockin out.
Enjoy being one my sweet little angel face dude!

Ps: I wasn't able to recover any pictures of the cake, but here are some random pictures of the legs I made for it...it was a spider cake. 

 Every idea I saw out there for legs just quite didn't fit with what I had and wanted so I resorted to melting chocolate chips and putting it in a ziploc bag with the corner cut of. 

I let it harden in the freezer (it takes only minutes). They were SO easy to attach since you could just poke through the cake. It was just a simple round cake with some chocolate whip cream frosting with marshmallow eyes (chocolate chip pupils) and chocolate sprinkles. No pics, sorry. That's all, BYE.





2 comments: