We had been starting at pasty white walls in our condo for almost a year before we decided we needed a little color and change. Well, I've had that in mind since we moved in but I guess it took me that long while to decide on a color. We chose to start with the living room since it is the room that we see the most.
![]() |
| Hryum helping us get some paint and supplies from lowes. |
![]() Before ![]() |
| photoshopped living room to green. |
So the day we were painting our young friends from the neighborhood stopped by because they love playing with Hyrum. They noticed that we were painting and so of course what 8 year old doesn't want to join in the 'fun' of painting?
Girls: "Can we help paint?"
Me: "hmm, well..are you sure? You'd probably have to change, you probably don't want paint all over those clothes. And also, I don't think we have enough rollers" I was hoping that it would discourage them from engaging in the messy and tedious job painting really is.
Girls: "Ok, we'll be right back"
10 mins later they came equipped with their dad's big t-shirts and even rollers! Welp. I guess that answered that. We ended up with 2 extra set of hands to help paint. Sure, the walls were only painted up to four feet all the way across and there were extra slatters to clean up here and there, but in the end it was quite fun having those high energy little ladies to help us out.
Here is what the finished room looked like after we painted (Hyrum included for perspective). Mantel wall: darkest green. Main wall: medium green. Back wall: lightest green, almost white. We used that same color for the mantel. We also replaced the wall outlet and light switches with a more updated color and look. Whew, it was a bit more work than I expected but it is a good feeling to complete our first litle home improvement job. It is motivating from more.
What does it look like all furnished right now? Well I don't have a picture of that, so just come visit us. Or maybe I'll post it some other day, but you never quite know with me. The end.




That picture of Hyrum at the paint store is pretty much the cutest thing ever! Seriously, next to my babies, he gets the cutest baby ever award!
ReplyDelete