
It is 10-10-10! You know what that means? It means that this is the year we joked about getting married because, 10-10-10, I mean, who wouldn't want that for an anniversary date?
But in reality, I guess we didn't care that much because we ended up getting married 10-10-08.
So here we are. 2 years of marriedness. Quite presently we are actually at some condos at Bear Lake spending an anniversary weekend (also because Jess was trying to ease my Ireland envy, if you remember). This pic was, in fact taken today in front of a wall there. Well, I might talk more about the trip later, but first in tribute of today, I would like to write about what 2 years of marriage has done to us.
JINX!! We say this to each constantly, it's cheesy, I know, but just pay attention to the implications. Here I thought we were pretty opposite people and I that I had spuratic enough thoughts that they were relatively unpredictable. I was wrong. What we say to each other is becoming more and more predictable simply because we've been married for 2 years and I'm realizing my 'material' is starkly becoming less and less original. I say same things over and over again and the saddest part is that often time I honestly think that I've never said it before until Jess lets me know. It's fun to pick up on evidence like this that shows how much we've grow to know and predict in each other.
The best part about it is that if this is us only at 2 years of marriage, I figure that by the time we hit our 61 year anniversary, we won't have to say much at all. It will have all mainly been said. We'll reach that point of just numbering our most common conversations so we can just say numbers and we'll know exactly what to laugh about.
Made us PARENTS! I know, it shouldn't be allowed. I often time think how much I still feel like a kid, then I suddenly realize that I HAVE a kid! Though, I've learned that letting yourself play like kids with your kid is, NO KIDDING, one of the greatest things EVER. Spending time with your little child and just getting caught in the moment of just watching that little angel-face-child that is so very yours, doing just innocent and candid things is so inexplicably heart melting. If you spend time with us at all, you'll notice that one of those things we say ALL the time is, "AW, Hyrum is SO cute!"
Made us fall for each other even more. I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical about the whole marriage idea back in the day. Would marriage mean that we would become stale and boring? Would all the fun, and laughs, romantic, and blissful feelings gradually dismiss us once the wedding gowns were put away?
Well, I thought I had fallen for Jess back when we were dating, but with two years down I have to admit to the world that: I have a BIGGER crush on Jess David Tate than ever before. He's a hottie face. I want to be the mother of ALL his children. He's proven to be a rock-awesome husband and I've learned the more we know, share and grow together the more we become fond of each other and the more fun we know how to have with each other and the joy of life is simply exponentiated.



Hey Sariah! Thanks for sharing. I have those same fears about marriage, so it's good to know that they aren't true! Congrats on the anniversary AND the one-year old cutie :)
ReplyDeleteOh Julie, THANKS! You're the greatest and I miss you! I'm glad I'm not the only one that had those fears! Yeah it DEFINITELY doesn't have to be true!
ReplyDelete