Friday, October 29, 2010

nice to remember



There are things I just don't want to forget so I want to write them down.

-Yesterday Jess blew on a raspberry on my tummy.  Seconds later observing Hyrum comes to me lifts up my shirt a bit so he too can put his little face against my tummy and blew a great big raspberry too!  We were laughing so hard.

-Hyrum is into a hold spoon-in-my-hand-all times-phase, he flips if try to take it away. Don't know what the deal with him and his spoon is.

-Last night he woke up at 2am screaming.  Mostly likely teething. We tried everything to soothe him: baby Orajel, favorite crackers, frozen strawberries, bananas, juice--all his favorites and NOTHING worked. Finally I had a little thought come into my head: Give him his spoon. 
As soon as I showed him his spoon his loud screams of desperation suddenly quieted as he reached for his spoon. He cooed with delight and held his proud scepter of comfort. He went to sleep.

1 comment: