Thursday, April 8, 2010

birthday happenings

Here are some events that occured on Jess' birthday. I'm not sure why I'm making it seem like our birthdays were such a huge deal, but I guess I took lots of pictures of that day so just try to enjoy it.
Since I had a fancy pants dinner for my birthday, I tried to mimic the level of fanciness by making Jess a lush meal. Steak, pototes and veggies. Of course, to make it taste like it came from a restaurant all I had to do was add abnormal amounts of butter and wal-la, fancy tasting meal. I even broke out some the enourmous goblets that we got for our wedding and filled them with unfermented wine (apple juice).
I learned that marianting meat really does make it taste a lot better (its rare of me to prepare meals in advance--it's the do everything at the last minute disorder I have), Jess deserves the best--even planned cooking--on his birthday.


Our birthday cake. I know, they're muffins. As a matter of fact they are muffins from the left over egg-less (Jess used all the eggs for my breakfast the day before) blueberry muffin mix that I unsuccessfully attempted to make waffles and then pancakes with for Jess' breakfast. I learned that muffin mix is muffin mix for a reason. Hmm, is this just turning into 'what I learned today' blog?

Oh. The scented candle in the middle? Growing up our birthdays would come along and we would always scramble for candles and almost always used some random scented or holiday candle. Looks like I'm keeping that tradition alive.



Jess showing off his post dinner belly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment