Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sleep my sweet child

Whoa, a sleeping baby Hyrum. It is possible! He was having a bit of a hard time sleeping lately (parents too)
This is also one of the rare moments that he is holding still enough that I can take a flash-less picture.

The other day he was definably an exhausted little child, but he refused to sleep. I put him down to sleep only to walk away and hear him cry. Then I heard his crying momentarily stop. I listened more carefully and I heard some tinkling. Oh, he found the little bell I was showing him earlier.
The shiny distraction only worked momentarily. It was bouts of wailing with some quiet periods of a bell jingling in between. Poor little man, so frustrated every time he dropped his bell.

That night, the only way we helped him to sleep was to swaddle him tightly and Jess held him snuggly close to him (you need pretty strong arms, this little dude can break out of almost any embrace) and ran around the house with him. Humorous sight and sound. Hyrum sounded like a little ambulance wailing by. Finally his whimpering slowly decrescendoed and he faded to much needed snoozing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment